ST. ANDREW'S SIGNPOST
The Rev. Canon Linda Mayer, Vicar
Linda Cox, Bishop's Warden
Bob Beeson, People's Warden
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. – Philippians 1:2
I hope you are all doing well and enjoying this opportunity to relax and appreciate the quiet time around us. Please remember, “God is with us always.”
Peace and Love,
SIX LITTLE STORIES WITH LOTS OF MEANINGS
1. Once all villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer, all the people gathered, but only one boy came with an umbrella. That is faith.
2. When you throw babies in the air, they laugh because they know you will catch them. That is trust.
3. Every night we go to bed without any assurance of being alive the next morning, but still we set the alarms to wake up. That is hope.
4. We plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future. That is confidence.
5. We see the world suffering, but still, we get married and have children. That is love.
6. On an old man’s shirt was written a sentence, “I am not 80 years old; I am sweet 16 with 64 years of experience.” That is attitude.
Have a happy day and live your life like these six stories. Remember – Good friends are the rare jewels of life, difficult to find and impossible to replace!!
1. Let’s say the Lord’s Prayer every day at noon. Then, think of the other people you know who are also saying this wonderful prayer. (If you need a reminder, set an alarm on your phone!)
2. Set up a sacred space in your own home. Put your Bible there. Matthew is our gospel this season. Read a little every day.
3. The Diocese of Spokane worship services can be viewed by clicking on the following links:
Web link that will allow you to worship online: https://www.spokanediocese.org/Worship/worship-online.html
Web link that will allow you to worship at home: https://www.spokanediocese.org/Worship/worshipathome.html
Here is a picture that brings me joy. Hope you enjoy it also:
"Nana" and great-granddaughter
Ellis and Kathy Nierenberg—22
Blessing for your Easter Eggs
O Lord our God, in celebration of the Pascal feast we have prepared these eggs from your creation: Grant that they may be to us a sign of the new life; and immortality promised to those who follow your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
The Liturgy of the Word
• Isaiah 50:4-9a
• Philippians 2:5-11
• Matthew 26:14- 27:66
• or Matthew 27:11-54
• Psalm 31:9-16
• Acts 10:34-43
• or Jeremiah 31:1-6
• Colossians 3:1-4
• or Acts 10:34-43
• John 20:1-18
• or Matthew 28:1-10
• Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24
• Acts 2:14a,22-32
• 1 Peter 1:3-9
• John 20:19-31
• Psalm 16
• Acts 2:14a,36-41
• 1 Peter 1:17-23
• Luke 24:13-35
• Psalm 116:1-3, 10-17