ST. ANDREW'S SIGNPOST
The Rev. Canon Linda Mayer, Vicar
Linda Cox, Bishop's Warden
Bob Beeson, People's Warden
Bishop’s Committee News: (Zoom meeting)
1. Church service—June 28—Holy Eucharist will be served.
2. Holy Eucharist—Wine will be served in small disposable cups and served to members at their seat.
3. Update on facilities—Inside and outside of church have been sprayed for spiders and treated for ants.
4. Rimmer and Roeter—has inspected logs and will report back with an estimate for log repair.
5. Church roof—on the Columbarium side has shake shingles popping up.
6. Cleaning—The church has been cleaned using COVID guidelines.
Back to Church!
This Sunday, June 28th we will celebrate Holy Communion for the first time since March 8th.
We are moving forward in these COVID 19 times, but there is much room for improvement. You will notice a few changes in the service, but the spirit of God will still be with us and we will be able to visit everyone after the service, outside in the courtyard.
Please remember that a full communion is made with only bread, or only wine, or both bread and wine. We will be using wafers and individual communion cups this Sunday and the following Sundays to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Peace and Love,
Rev. Canon Linda Mayer
On Sunday, June 14th St Andrew’s re-opened for a Morning Prayer service in the Courtyard. Seventeen members joined together. Marci sat by the brick wall playing her guitar and singing for the congregation. With windows open, Hannah played the piano from inside the church. On Sunday June 21, Morning Prayer was held in the church.
1. Episcopal Church Women Pie Sale: The annual ECW Pie Sale has been cancelled for this year.
2. Convention: Last Friday, Bishop Rehberg announced the sad news that Presiding Bishop Michael Curry would be unable to join us for our convention, and also that we would have to transition our convention to be held virtually online:
• All reservations that were booked for this event, under our block and code, will be cancelled by the hotel.
• Convention is now moving to a virtual conference online via Zoom, but it will not be like our normal conventions. No one can be in a virtual meeting for THAT long. J
This information is available on the diocesan website, www.spokanediocese.org under the “Convention” tab.
God’s Promise—When You are in Need
Find God’s promise hidden in these words by following the instructions below:
1. Cross out all books of the Bible.
2. Cross out the name of a familiar hymn.
3. Cross out a saying by Benjamin Franklin.
4. Cross out the name of a biblical garden.
5. Cross out the names of various foods and herbs.
A LEAD PENNY ASK NUTS AND JONAH THOU SAVE HOSEA YE ME IS BARLEY SHALL A RECEIVE FIGS ON THAT EDEN BREAD PENNY ONIONS JOB YOUR AMOS EGGS EARNED JOY MAY BE SALT MINT JOEL BEANS FULL FISH.
Bible verse: ____________________________________________________________________________
Joan and Larry Hazelton--5
***Bible Trivia Puzzle Answer—Ask and ye shall receive that your joy may be full. John 16:24