ST. ANDREW'S SIGNPOST
The Rev. Canon Linda Mayer, Priest
Linda Cox, Senior Warden
Larry Hazelton, Junior Warden
- Security system— Jane and James Hayter installed an Arlo security system at the church.
- Name Badges—April has ordered name badges for member’s to wear.
- Aprons—Marci will order 10 aprons to be used in our kitchen.
- Halloween in downtown Chelan is Tuesday, Oct. 31—Bob and Meredith are donating candy. The event will be held 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. All volunteers are welcome!
- Our footprint in our community—A poster for the Diocesan convention was made by Susan F. and Linda C. Linda M. created a map of Chelan and Manson showing the many places our members serve.
- Food Bank fundraiser by HDCA—A tree or wreath can be created by our church and displayed at the Chamber. Bids will be placed on it from November 18-24. Larry will begin working on a masterpiece!
- Christmas lights on church—Skip Morehouse will install lights on the church.
- Church cleaning—Gregario with X-treme Janitorial will deep-clean all of the lights, floors, and pews in the church every two or three months.
- Camp Cross Pontoon Boat—A fundraiser appeal was made from the Diocese to repair the pontoon boat at Camp Cross. $75,000 is needed for the repairs. St. Andrew’s passed a motion to donate $1,000.00 towards the pontoon repairs.
- Harvest Dinner—St. Andrew’s Harvest Dinner will be held after church on Sunday, November 19th. A sign-up sheet is posted in the Parish Hall.
- Save the date—On November 8, at Numerica Pac in Wenatchee, Community Foundation of North Central Washington will host a celebration for Community Philanthropy. Members of St. Andrew’s are invited to attend.
- Episcopal Church Women—Donated $500.00 each to the volunteer Firefighter’s Association of Manson and Chelan in honor of their selfless service. Chelan’s donation will assist with the purchase of lamps to be attached to firefighters’ helmets.
- Linda Cox has been appointed to the Constitution and Canons committee for the Diocese of Spokane.
- Rev. Canon Linda Mayer has been appointed as Canon for the Northwest Region.
Congratulation to both our Linda’s!
Thank you to everyone who assisted in the purchase and installation of new rubber bumpers in the parking lot!
Where Are They Now?
Laura Slezak, to whom we just said farewell and Godspeed, writes from Norway: “I was incredibly grateful for the sendoff you gave me. Your words and gestures were incredibly thoughtful and I have cherished each of them in the weeks that followed. I had a hectic trip home and a busy first week in Oslo. Things are starting to settle down and I am looking forward to establishing some routines. I think of y’all fondly and you continue to be in my prayers.”
(Linda Mayer and Laura having dinner in Oslo. )
Katie Escalante and her husband Jose welcomed Benjamin to their lives in April. The Esclanates were visited in St. Paul by Wendy Schramm, Ruth Kittleson, and Pastor Paul in July. Katie is in the call process in the Twin Cities.
Ben Cherland and his wife Molly live in Minneapolis, where Ben is involved with youth and family ministry.
Megan Sawyer and her husband Micah Seivenpiper celebrated in March when Freya was born. Megan is an artist and illustrator.
Becky Lohrmann is the pastor of Faith Lutheran Church in Joliet, IL. Her husband Martin is at Wartburg Seminary in Dubuque, IA.
Anders Peterson is a mission developer in the Sierra Pacific Synod. He and his wife live in San Francisco.
Jeanette McCormick is the pastor of First Lutheran Church in Worthgton, MN, where she and her husband live.
May our love and prayers surround all of our former interns!
St. Andrew’s Harvest Dinner will be held after church service on Sunday, November 19. This is a wonderful opportunity to join our church family in celebration of Autumn and the beginning of the holiday season. Harvest dinner begins the kick-off to our Annual Stewardship Pledge Drive. All friends and members of St. Andrew’s are encouraged to fill out a stewardship card and mail it to the church office. These pledges enable our stewardship committee to prepare an operating budget for the upcoming year.
On Thanksgiving Day we're thankful for
Our blessings all year through,
For family we dearly love,
For good friends, old and new.
For sun to light and warm our days,
For stars that glow at night,
For trees of green and skies of blue,
And puffy clouds of white.
We're grateful for our eyes that see
The beauty all around,
For arms to hug, and legs to walk,
And ears to hear each sound.
The list of all we're grateful for
Would fill a great big book;
Our thankful hearts find new delights
Everywhere we look!
By Joanna Fuchs
Bob and Meredith Beeson—19
John and Donna Bagby—23